THREE-ROW DISC HARROWS BDM
Advanced BDM 3-Row Disk Harrows, 2.2 to 9.1 m Wide
BDM is an advanced 3-row disk harrow. The bearing assemblies are installed inside the disk sphere; each disk is attached to a separate tine; the angle of attack is simultaneously adjustable for all disks in a row. It is designed to till the top soil layer up to 17 cm deep, to destroy weed and to chop up crop residues. The disk harrow efficiently operates on soils exposed to wind or water erosion since it uniformly mixes the soil with crop residues. Crop residues uniformly mixed with the top soil layer prevent the soil from being blown or washed away and improve air exchange. Crop residues in the soil are intensively turned into mold improving soil fertility.
The 3-row disc harrow can be used in a wide range of Russian agro-climatic zones and can handle all kinds of soil excluding stony ones. The harrow is an efficient tool for fallow land reuse, preseeding and primary treatment for the min-till approach, renovation of degrading grasslands and grazing areas.
BDM 3-Row Harrow Features Compared to 2- and 4-Row Harrows:
• 4-row harrows have a relatively small distance between the rows, that is 675 mm. As harrows are transported as metal frame structures, the row-to-row distance is limited by shipping concerns. As a result, the soil lifted by the front disk rows prevents the rear disks from operating efficiently. To avoid jamming, the user either has to slow down or decrease the operating depth. 3-row harrows have a smaller disk-to-disk distance in a row, 350 mm, while the row-to-row distance is much longer, that is 950 mm. Each disk coverage and overlap are similar for 3- and 4-row harrows. So both 4- and 3-row harrows can operate on very weedy fields and at greater depths.
• The first-to-last row distance is the same for 3- and 4-row harrows. The longer frame better absorbs the small unevenness of the ground. 3-row harrows are also perfect land planning tools. They easily remove crown ridges, backfurrows, deep wheeltracks, molehills, etc. The 3-row harrow is your best choice for fallow land reuse.
Key Advantages of 3-Row Harrows:
1. Originally, 3-row harrows with separate holders for each vertically tilted disk had a disk-to-disk distance of 300 mm within a row. Then this distance was simply divided by the number of rows. So the offset for each holder with respect to the frame came up to just 100 mm. It should be noted that each disk is vertically tilted and its lowermost point almost never matches the holder pivot axis. This resulted in an irregular disk pattern. Many 3-row harrow manufacturers still use such an arrangement. Based on the studies performed, BDT-AGRO has developed and tested a new, improved disk layout. The 3-row harrow disk-to-disk distance is 350 mm. For this reason, lower tractor power is required, and up to 12 % of fuel is saved compared to the same-width tools from other manufacturers, while preserving the soil processing quality.
2. All disk tools face a problem: each row of disks tries to pull the harrow in the direction of the disk rotation. The tool turns about the tractor hitch point. To balance the harrow, its first row is made symmetrical: half of the disks face one side and the other half face the other side. Nevertheless, for a 300 mm row-to-row distance it is impossible to exceed a 15° angle of attack for two adjacent disks facing opposite directions. Since the angle of attack is adjusted for the entire row at once, the first row angle would always be below 15° regardless of the adjustment mechanism operation. There are two solutions: either to cheat the customer by falsely declaring that the tool has an adjustable angle of attack, or to install one disk outside the row, making the tool and the adjustment procedure more complex. The 3-row harrows from BDT-AGRO have a disk-to-disk distance of 350 mm. It is quite sufficient to avoid any adjustment issues for the first row angle of attack.
3. The tools from BDT-AGRO have disk holders with a grease channel and groove. Lubrication is required just once a season. That is why the harrows have only one grease fitting. In an emergency, you can unscrew the holder mounting bolt, put some grease inside and push it all the way down to the joint while screwing in the bolt. The design significantly improves the joint performance and makes it easier to remove the holder.
4. All the trailed, foldable and mounting tools have a depth adjuster (press wheel) as a standard feature. The wheels installed behind the chassis are adjusted with spring shock absorbers. This significantly reduces loads applied to the tool as it moves over rough terrain or when the tractor pitches and rocks.
5. The new generation bearing assemblies from BDT-AGRO are easier to maintain and much more reliable than the “conventional” design.
6. An optional new generation, maintenance-free cutter can be installed to the standard harrows mounts. In practice, one maintenance-free cutter can treat up to 70 hectares with no user intervention.
7. A common disadvantage of all disk harrows is that the outermost disk in the last row leaves an open, deep furrow. The outmost last row disk holder on the tools from BDT- AGRO is 40 mm shorter than other holders. As a result, the outmost last row disk is positioned 40 mm higher than the other disks. This makes a shallow furrow but still undercuts, grinds and throws enough soil to cover the furrows left by the front row and other rear row disks. The press wheel finishes leveling the field. The patented design of LLC BDT-AGRO tools improves land treatment quality.
8. LLC BDT-AGRO provides a 12-months warranty for the frame, the straight holder, the chassis and the drawbar (the warranty does not cover the bearings and wear parts).
BDM-series three-row MODERNIZED DISC HARROWS (depth of tillage up to 17 cm)
|Disc harrow description||Modular aggregation||Operating/ tractor width, m||Tractor power, hp||Tractor class||Quantity of disks||Price with helical press wheel, $||Price with slatted press wheel, $||Price, no press wheel,$|
|BDM Disk Harrows 2,2х3||trailed||2,1\2,3||80-100||1,4-2||18||12 317||11 318||10 652|
|BDM Disk Harrows 2,8х3||trailed||2,8\3,0||110-130||2||24||14 281||13 282||12 317|
|*BDM Disk Harrows 3,6х3N||mounted||3,6\3,8||140-160||3||30||12 150||11 052||10 319|
|BDM Disk Harrows 3,6х3||trailed||3,6\3,8||140-160||3||30||15 978||15 313||–|
|* BDM Disk Harrows 4х3N||mounted||4,2\4,4||180-200||4||36||16 644||15 646||14 314|
|BDM Disk Harrows 4х3||trailed||4,2\4,4||180-200||4||36||19 307||17 643||16 811|
|BDM Disk Harrows 5х3||trailed||4,8\5,0||200-230||4-5||42||23 302||21 638||–|
|* BDM Disk Harrows 5х3S||trailed/foldable||5,0\3,0||200-230||4-5||42||24 967||23 302||–|
|BDM Disk Harrows 6х3||trailed||5,6\5,8||230-260||4-5||48||24 967||23 635||–|
|* BDM Disk Harrows 6х3S||trailed/foldable||5,6\4,0||230-260||4-5||48||27 963||–||–|
|* BDM Disk Harrows 6,3х3S||trailed/foldable||6,3\4,0||250-280||5||54||29 627||–||–|
|* BDM Disk Harrows 7х3S||trailed/foldable||7,0\4,0||280-320||5||60||33 222||–||–|
|* BDM Disk Harrows 7,7х3S||trailed/foldable||7,7\4,0||320-360||5-6||66||38 282||–||–|
|* BDM Disk Harrows 8х3S||trailed/foldable||8,4\4,0||360-400||6||72||43 276||–||–|
|*BDM Disk Harrows 9х3S||trailed/foldable||9,1\4,0||400-450||6||78||46 605||–||–|
|* The depth adjuster is standard equipment. It is optional for other models. The press wheel for one section costs $263.|