BDM-M Upgraded 4-Row Modular Disk Harrows (ROW-TO-ROW WIDTH 900 mm)
BDM-M Upgraded 4-Row Modular Disk Harrows
(ROW-TO-ROW WIDTH 900 mm),
operating width from 2.1 to 9.2 meters
In order to improve the quality of operation and reliability of disk harrows, BDT-AGRO Company has developed and launched a new line of modular disk harrows BDM-M.
The modular harrow consists of a carrier module, disk module, and press wheels. The carrier module is comprised by a trailer, longitudinal frame, and chassis, while the disk module consists of a transverse frame with the disks on individual tines; the attack angle of the disks in each row can be simultaneously varied. The disk module is attached to the bottom of the carrier module using flanges that form a single base surface. The press wheels are installed in a single line immediately after the disks and ahead of the chassis. As an option, support wheels for precise adjustment of the tillage depth may be installed ahead of the tool.
The fact that the modular harrow includes both a longitudinal and transverse frame enables the harrow to serve multiple functions. The trailer, longitudinal frame, and chassis form a longitudinal support module, while the transverse frame (with the operating elements and press wheels) forms a replaceable module. The replaceable module is suspended from the bottom of the carrier module using flanges and a bolted connection.
The benefit of modular tools is that a replaceable module may be purchased to supplement a basic tool, and this will be much less expensive than the purchase of a full-fledged tool.
BDM 4-Row Modular Harrow Features Compared to 2-Row Harrows:
• 4-row harrows have a relatively large disk-to-disk distance in a row. The disk-to-disk distance in a row is 460 mm, while the row-to-row distance is 900 mm. Therefore, the soil lifted by a row of disks easily passes between the next row disks. So a 4-row harrow can operate in very weed-choked fields and at greater depths.
• The longer frame better absorbs the unevenness of the ground. 4-row harrows are also perfect land planning tools. They easily remove back ridges, backfurrows, deep wheeltracks, moles, etc. A 4-row harrow is your best choice for fallow land reuse.
• All disk tools face a problem: each row of disks tries to pull the harrow in the direction of the disk rotation. The tool turns about the tractor hitch. Since the rows of disks are located at different distances from the hitch, each row applies different loads to the tool. This results in an irregular disk pattern. The rear disks hit the furrows made by the front disks, which leads to poor performance. Each disk tool has its own way of resolving the problem. BRAND NEW! BDT- AGRO launches a new line of 4-row harrows with a new patented disk arrangement. 4-row harrows are perfectly balanced: no imbalance! Neither 2- nor 3-row harrows can be so stable.
Key Advantages of 4-Row Harrows:
1. Originally, 4-row harrows with separate holders for each vertically tilted disk had a disk-to-disk distance of 400 mm within a row. Then this distance was simply divided by the number of rows. So the offset for each holder with respect to the frame came up to just 100 mm. It should be noted that each disk is vertically tilted and its lowermost point almost never matches the holder pivot axis. This resulted in an irregular disk pattern. Many harrow manufacturers still use such an arrangement. Based on the studies performed, BDT-AGRO has developed and tested a new, improved disk layout. The 4-row harrow disk-to-disk distance is 460 mm. For this reason, lower tractor power is required, and up to 12 % of fuel is saved compared to the same-width tools from other manufacturers, while preserving the soil processing quality.
2. All disk tools face a problem: each row of disks tries to pull the harrow in the direction of the disk rotation. The tool turns about the tractor hitch. Since the rows of disks are located at different distances from the hitch, each row applies different loads to the tool. This results in an irregular disk pattern. The rear disks hit the furrows made by the front disks, which leads to poor performance. Each disk tool has its own way of resolving the problem. BRAND NEW! BDT-AGRO launches a new line of 4-row harrows with a new patented disk arrangement. 4-row harrows are perfectly balanced: no imbalance!
3. The tools from BDT-AGRO have disk holders with a grease channel and groove. Lubrication is required just once a season. That is why the harrows have only one grease fitting. In an emergency, you can unscrew the holder mounting bolt, put some grease inside and push it all the way down to the joint while screwing in the bolt. The design significantly improves the joint performance and makes it easier to remove the holder.
4. The new generation bearing assemblies from BDT-AGRO are easier to maintain and much more reliable than the “conventional” design.
5. An optional new generation, maintenance-free cutter can be installed to the standard harrows mounts. In practice, one maintenance-free cutter can treat up to 70 hectares with no user intervention.
6. A common disadvantage of all disk harrows is that the outermost disk in the last row leaves an open, deep furrow. The outmost last row disk holder on the tools from BDT-AGRO is 40 mm shorter than other holders. As a result, the outmost last row disk is positioned 40 mm higher than the other disks. This makes a shallow furrow but still undercuts, grinds and throws enough soil to cover the furrows left by the front row and other rear row disks. The press wheel finishes leveling the field. The patented design of LLC BDT-AGRO tools improves land treatment quality.
7. LLC BDT-AGRO provides a 12-months warranty for the frame, the straight holder, the chassis and the drawbar (the warranty does not cover the bearings and wear parts).
BDM-M 4-Row Modular Harrows vs. Basic BDM 4-Row Harrows:
• The modular arrangement enables the disk module of a 4-row harrow to be split into transportable sections and the distance between rows of disks to be increased from 675 to 900 mm, thus significantly improving flotation and quality of the tool operation as a leveler.
• In basic BDM harrows, the press wheels are installed after the chassis, far from the disks. The press wheels run on soil already treated by the disks. In this case, the press wheels have weaker action and pulverize and level the soil to a lesser extent. For large operating width tools, the wheels are located on wings immediately after the disks, while the central press wheel is located far behind the chassis. When press wheels are used in rough terrain or if the tractor is pitching and rocking, the varying distance between the wheels and disks causes the whole weight of the tool to rest on the central press wheel in a pulsatile manner, while the wheels on the wings are, on the contrary, unloaded; this effect causes overloading of the central press wheel frame and bearings. On modular harrows the press wheels are mounted in a single line right after the disks. In this case, the soil thrown from the disks falls on the wheels. The wheels operate in conjunction with the disks to crush and level the top soil better. Furthermore, wheels mounted in a single line accept the same load from the entire tool. But the load caused by the tractor rocking is much less, as the wheels are located close to the disks, and the wheel oscillation amplitude is much less. This allows replacing spring shock absorbers with standard wire stretchers. The design has become easier and more reliable.
• The press wheels of different types are available: helical, slatted, helical slatted, toothed, or disk-shaped.
The slatted and helical slatted wheels manufactured by BDT-AGRO are designed so that a bar enters into the soil in a near-vertical orientation, and leaves the soil nearly horizontally. As a result, it digs, cuts ridges and levels the field surface properly after the tool passage.
When treating loose soil, for instance in tillage operations, when the wheels fall through and are clogged with the soil, the wheels shall be turned 180°. In this case, the bar will be laid down on the soil horizontally, and moved out of the soil vertically, thereby increasing the wheel support surface; the wheel will grab less soil, and its clogging will be reduced.
BDM-M Upgraded 4-Row Modular Disk Harrows ROW-TO-ROW WIDTH 900 mm (tillage depth up to 17 cm)
|Disk Harrows Name||Operating Width, m||Transport width, m||Tractor power, hp||Quantity Of movable parts||Price with helical press wheel (KS), $||Price with slatted press wheel (KP), $||Price with the toothed press wheel (KZ) or Disk roller (KK), $||Price without roller*, $|
|LIGHT TOOLS, UP TO 3 TONNES|
|MN-44 carrier module (trailer, truss, chassis)|
|Disk harrow BDM-2,4х4M-09||2,4||2,5||100-120||20||13 548||12 669||14 427||12 036|
|Disk module MD-2,4х4-09||2,4||2,5||100-120||20||5 679||5 879||7 436||5 395|
|2,8||2,9||110-130||24||15 709||14 610||16 734||13 880|
|Disk module MD-2,8х4-09||2,8||2,9||110-130||24||8 718||7 619||9 743||7 238|
|Disk harrow BDM-3х4M-09||3,3||3,4||130-150||28||17 393||16 295||18 602||15 480|
|Disk module MD-3х4-09||3,3||3,4||130-150||28||10 402||9 304||11 611||8 839|
|Disk harrow BDM-3,6х4M-09||3,6||3,7||150-180||32||19 407||18 309||20 726||17 393|
|Disk module MD-3,6х4-09||3,6||3,7||150-180||32||12 416||11 318||13 735||10 752|
|MEDIUM TOOLS, UP TO 5 TONNES|
|MNS-46 carrier module (trailer, truss, chassis)|
|Disk harrow BDM-4х4M-09||4,2||4,3||180-200||36||21 787||20 689||23 325||19 654|
|Disk module MD-4х4-09||4,2||4,3||180-200||36||14 131||13 032||15 669||12 381|
|Disk harrow BDM-4х4MS-09||4,2||3,28||180-200||36||23 502||22 004||25 033||20 904|
|Disk module MD-4х4S-09||4,2||3,28||180-200||36||15 845||14 347||17 377||13 630|
|Disk harrow BDM-5х4M-09||5,1||5,2||220-240||44||25 266||23 435||27 134||22 264|
|Disk module MD-5х4-09||5,1||5,2||220-240||44||17 610||15 779||19 477||14 990|
|Disk harrow BDM-5х4MS-09||5,1||3,28||220-240||44||28 562||26 731||30 429||25 394|
|Disk module MD-5х4S-09||5,1||3,28||220-240||44||20 905||19 074||22 773||18 121|
|Disk harrow BDM-6х4M-09||6||6,2||250-270||52||28 562||26 694||30 759||25 360|
|Disk module MD-6х4-09||6||6,2||250-270||52||20 905||19 038||23 102||18 086|
|Disk harrow BDM-6х4MS-09||6||3,28||260-300||52||31 440||29 442||33 322||27 970|
|Disk module MD-6х4S-09||6||3,28||260-300||52||24 367||22 370||26 565||21 252|
|HEAVY TOOLS, UP TO 9 TONNES|
|MNS-49 carrier module (trailer, truss, chassis)|
|Disk harrow BDM-7х4MS-09||7,4||4,38||310-340||64||41 012||38 549||43 722||36 621|
|7,4||4,38||310-340||64||31 025||28 562||33 735||27 134|
|Disk harrow BDM-8х4MS-09||8,4||4,38||360-400||72||48 336||45 540||51 412||43 263|
|Disk module MD-8х4S-09||8,4||4,38||360-400||72||38 349||35 553||41 425||33 775|
|Disk harrow BDM-9х4MS-09||9,2||4,38||400-450||80||53 096||50 034||56 465||47 532|
Explanation of the implement type:
*- can be optionally equipped with the tillage depth adjustment wheels: from 4 to 6 meters inclusive – 4 pcs. ($ 3 157), from 6.5 m to 9 m – 6 pcs. ($ 4 736)
М – modular; S – foldable; К – with support wheels (additional option)
Explanation of the covering roller types:
KS – helical; KP – slatted; KPS – slatted/helical; KD – dual; КК – Disk roller