BDM-M Upgraded 2-Row Modular Disk Harrows
BDM-M Upgraded 2-Row Modular Disk Harrows
operating width from 2.4 to 9.3 meters
In order to improve the quality of operation and reliability of disk harrows, BDT-AGRO Company has developed and launched a new line of modular disk harrows BDM-M.
The modular harrow consists of a carrier module, disk module, and press wheels. The carrier module is comprised by a trailer, longitudinal frame, and chassis, while the disk module consists of a transverse frame with the disks on individual tines; the attack angle of the disks in each row can be simultaneously varied. The disk module is attached to the bottom of the carrier module using flanges that form a single base surface. The press wheels are installed in a single line immediately after the disks and ahead of the chassis. As an option, support wheels for precise adjustment of the tillage depth may be installed ahead of the tool.
The Main Advantages of the BDM-M modular Double Harrow Compared to 3- and 4-Row Harrows:
• The double harrows have a smaller disk-to-disk distance in a row — 300 mm, while the row-to-row distance is 1,050 mm. The double harrow disks only partially overlap each other. The gaps between the disks are also tilled since the second row disk removes soil and shifts it into the backfurrow made by the first row disk. This does not always happen. However, a second pass diagonally to the first one results in perfect field tilling: the gaps left after the first pass are sliced, and the ridges are removed. As the double harrows have the same number of disks, but are wider, productivity is higher and fuel consumption per area is lower.
• Double harrows are much shorter. They are easier to steer and have a smaller turn radius.
• Due to the shorter disk-to-disk distance in a row, double harrows are not as good at negotiating foul and wet fields as 3- or 4-row tools. However, for this very reason double harrows make smaller ridges. It is better to use double harrows for smaller ridges, regular tilling of low-foal fields and for preseeding operations.
• BDM is extremely versatile thanks to its adjustable angle of attack. As the angle of attack increases, you can till the land at a relatively low speed, sufficient depths and with no gaps. At a smaller angle of attack and higher speeds you can till the land at a small depth in two passes for subsequent seeding.
Key Advantages of Double Modular Harrows:
1. Based on the studies performed, BDT-AGRO has developed and multiply tested a new, improved disk layout. The BDM double harrow disk-to-disk distance is 300 mm compared to 270 mm for tools from other manufacturers. For this reason, lower tractor power is required and up to 12 % of fuel is saved compared to same-width tools from other manufacturers while preserving the soil processing quality.
2. The tools from BDT-AGRO have disk holders with a grease channel and groove. Lubrication is required just once a season. That is why the harrows have only one grease fitting. In an emergency, you can unscrew the holder mounting bolt, put some grease inside and push it all the way down to the joint while screwing in the bolt. The design significantly improves the joint performance and makes it easier to remove the holder.
3. All the tools have a depth adjuster (press wheel) as a standard feature.
4. The new generation bearing assemblies from BDT-AGRO are easier to maintain and much more reliable than the “conventional” design.
5. An optional new generation, maintenance-free cutter can be installed to the standard harrows mounts. In practice, one maintenance-free cutter can treat up to 70 hectares with no user intervention.
6. A common disadvantage of all disk harrows is that the outermost disk in the last row leaves an open, deep furrow. The outmost last row disk holder on the tools from BDT- AGRO is 40 mm shorter than other holders. As a result, the outmost last row disk is positioned 40 mm higher than the other disks. This makes a shallow furrow but still undercuts grinds and throws enough soil to cover the furrows left by the front row and other rear row disks. The press wheel finishes leveling the field. The patented design of LLC BDT-AGRO tools improves land treatment quality.
7. LLC BDT-AGRO provides a 12-months warranty for the frame, the straight holder, the chassis and the drawbar (the warranty does not cover the bearings and wear parts).
BDM-M 2-Row Modular Harrows vs. Basic BDM 2-Row Harrows:
• In the BDM-M modular harrow with a maximum operating width of 6 m, the folding tools have a transport width of 2.55 m. This enables them to be operated on public roads without an escort.
• In basic BDM harrows, the press wheels are installed after the chassis, far from the disks. The press wheels run on soil already treated by the disks. In this case, the press wheels have weaker action and pulverize and level the soil to a lesser extent. For large operating width tools, the wheels are located on wings immediately after the disks, while the central press wheel is located far behind the chassis. When press wheels are used in rough terrain or if the tractor is pitching and rocking, the varying distance between the wheels and disks causes the whole weight of the tool to rest on the central press wheel in a pulsatile manner, while the wheels on the wings are, on the contrary, unloaded; this effect causes overloading of the central press wheel frame and bearings. On modular harrows the press wheels are mounted in a single line right after the disks. In this case, the soil thrown from the disks falls on the wheels. The wheels operate in conjunction with the disks to crush and level the top soil better. Furthermore, wheels mounted in a single line accept the same load from the entire tool. But the load caused by the tractor rocking is much less, as the wheels are located close to the disks, and the wheel oscillation amplitude is much less. This allows replacing spring shock absorbers with standard wire stretchers. The design has become easier and more reliable.
• The press wheels of different types are available: helical, slatted, helical slatted, toothed, or disk-shaped.
The slatted and helical slatted wheels manufactured by BDT-AGRO are designed so that a bar enters into the soil in a near-vertical orientation, and leaves the soil nearly horizontally. As a result, it digs, cuts ridges and levels the field surface properly after the tool passage.
When treating loose soil, for instance in tillage operations, when the wheels fall through and are clogged with the soil, the wheels shall be turned 180°. In this case, the bar will be laid down on the soil horizontally, and moved out of the soil vertically, thereby increasing the wheel support surface; the wheel will grab less soil, and its clogging will be reduced.
BDM-M Upgraded 2-Row Modular Disk Harrows
|Disk Harrows Name||Operating width, m||Transport width, m||Tractor power, hp||Quantity of movable parts||
Price with helical press wheel (KS), $
|Price with slatted press wheel (KP), $||Price with the toothed press wheel (KZ) or Disk roller (KK), $||Price without roller*, $|
|LIGHT TOOLS, UP TO 3 TONNES|
|MN-24 carrier module (trailer, truss, chassis)|
|Disk harrow BDM-2,7х2М||2,7||3,1||80-100||18||13 315||12 250||14 354||11 351|
|Disk module MD-2,7х2||2,7||3,1||80-100||18||8 322||7 257||9 361||6 358|
|Disk harrow BDM-3х2М||3||3,45||100-120||20||14 647||13 915||15 745||12 916|
|Disk module MD-3х2||3||3,45||100-120||20||9 653||8 921||10 752||7 922|
|MEDIUM TOOLS, UP TO 5 TONNES|
|MNS-26 carrier module (trailer, truss, chassis)|
|Disk harrow BDM-4х2М||3,9||4,35||120-150||26||17 576||16 478||19 004||15 180|
|Disk module MD-4х2||3,9||4,35||120-150||26||11 917||10 819||13 345||9 520|
|Disk harrow BDM-4х2МS||3,9||2,55||120-150||26||20 706||18 176||22 270||16 877|
|Disk module MD-4х2S||3,9||2,55||120-150||26||15 046||12 516||16 611||11 218|
|Disk harrow BDM-5х2М||4,8||5,4||150-180||32||21 052||19 224||22 813||17 626|
|Disk module MD-5х2||4,8||5,4||150-180||32||15 396||13 365||17 154||11 967|
|Disk harrow BDM-5х2МS||5,1||2,55||150-180||34||27 097||25 632||29 148||23 935|
|Disk module MD-5х2S||5,1||2,55||150-180||34||21 438||19 973||23 489||18 275|
|Disk harrow BDM-6х2М||6||6,3||180-210||40||24 900||22 703||27 097||20 706|
|Disk module MD-6х2||6||6,3||180-210||40||19 241||17 044||21 438||15 046|
|Disk harrow BDM-6х2МS||6,2||2,55||180-210||42||29 477||27 946||32 999||25 882|
|Disk module MD-6х2S||6,2||2,55||180-210||42||23 818||22 287||27 340||20 223|
|HEAVY TOOLS, UP TO 9 TONNES|
|MNS-29 carrier module (trailer, truss, chassis)|
|Disk harrow BDM-7х2МS||6,9||4,38||250-300||46||32 041||30 210||34 567||27 913|
|Disk module MD-7х2S||6,9||4,38||250-300||46||23 718||21 887||26 245||19 590|
|Disk harrow BDM-8х2МS||8,1||4,38||300-350||54||36 545||33 688||39 511||30 992|
|Disk module MD-8х2S||8,1||4,38||300-350||54||28 222||25 366||31 188||22 670|
|Disk harrow BDM-9х2МS||9,3||4,38||350-400||62||42 111||39 181||45 516||36 085|
|Disk module MD-9х2S||9,3||4,38||350-400||62||33 788||30 859||37 194||27 763|
Explanation of the implement type:
*- can be optionally equipped with the tillage depth adjustment wheels: from 4 to 6 meters inclusive – 2 pcs. ($ 1 578), from 6.5 m to 9 m – 4 pcs. ($ 3 157);
М – modular; S – foldable; К – with support wheels (additional option)
Explanation of the covering roller types:
KS – helical; KP – slatted; KPS – slatted/helical; KD – dual; КК – Disk roller