LIGHT DISC HARROWS BDM-V «BARSUK»
BARSUK Skim Disc Harrow on tines with elastic rubber sprung elements, 1.8 to 9.1 m Wide
BARSUK is an advanced double row disk harrow with a bearing assembly installed outside the disk sphere, and with tines equipped with elastic rubber sprung elements. The harrow is designed to till the top soil layer up to 10 cm deep, to destroy weeds, and to chop up crop residue. The disk harrow uniformly mixes the soil with plant residues, which means that it works efficiently on soils exposed to wind or water erosion. Plant residues, uniformly mixed with the top soil layer, prevent the soil from being blown or washed away and improve air exchange. Plant residues in the soil intensively turn into mold improving soil fertility.
BARSUK double row disk harrow can be used in a wide range of Russian agroclimatic zones and can handle all kinds of soil including stony ones. The harrow can be efficiently used as a pre-seeding treatment tool for the minimum tillage approach.
The key distinguishing feature of the BARSUK is that its cutting unit includes a tine with bearings and a spherical disk vertically tilted at a lead angle. The tine is installed on a crossbar that can rotate. The top part of the tine has a complex geometry that embraces one side of the crossbar. The opposite side the crossbar is plugged with a shaped plug rigidly attached to the shaped tine top. In the angles of this rectangle, elastic rubber spring elements are installed. The tine is made of a rectangular cross section metal bar. It is bent and tilted to maintain the specified tilt and disk lead angles.
BDM-V BARSUK vs. BDM-V CORTES:
CORTES can work at a greater depth, up to 15 cm; it is heavy-duty and more versatile. However, if used with smaller mounted tools, CORTES (in particular for the double roller version) may overload the tractor linkage. The ability to operate at a depth of 15 cm is not always required.
BARSUK is a light hoeing plow equipped with disks 463 mm in diameter. The disks have small notches and can operate at depths up to 10 cm. BARSUK is averagely 20 % lighter than CORTES. For small mounted tools, BARSUK does not require a double wheel. With the same width, it reduces the required tractor power and fuel consumption per field area.
Main Advantages of BDM-V BARSUK 2-Row Disk Harrows vs. Base Disk BDM Harrows:
1. 1. When encountering a stone or other serious obstacle, elastic deformation of elastic rubber sprung elements allows the disks in BARSUK BDM-V harrows to deflect upward so that obstacles can be avoided without any damage. Even during normal operation, the elastic rubber sprung elements cushion impacts, significantly reducing the load on a cutting unit and particularly on bearings. This increases tool speed and performance, and greatly improves the reliability and lifetime of the bearing assemblies.
2. 2. The elastic deformation of elastic rubber sprung elements enables the soil to force the disks to make small oscillations during operation. This reduces draught, improves the quality of soil fragmentation and facilitates self-cleaning of disks when operating in excessively moist soil.
3. The BARSUK series harrows are high-speed tools. With high speed, the disk throws soil higher and farther ahead. If the soil from the first disk row is above the axis of rotation of the second row disks, the soil hinders the rotation of the second row disks and results in tool clogging. Therefore, it is necessary to reduce the operating speed. To improve the quality of operation for the BARSUK series, adjustable rakes are installed between the first and second rows of disks. These rakes direct the soil leaving the first row of disks downward below the axis of rotation of the second row of disks, thereby preventing clogging.
4. The problem of deep furrow after the outside disk in the last row has an original solution in the BARSUK harrow. Both sides of the harrow are equipped with plates adjustable for height and distance—furrow fillers which return the soil thrown by the disks back into the band tilled. In addition, in the front row to the left there is an additional disk throwing the soil on the left furrow filler. The soil from the left filler is precisely directed into the furrow formed by the end disk in the last row. As a result, a perfectly even surface ready for seeding is produced on both the left and right sides. It is clear that such a quality is necessary for the second pass on a weed-free field. In the event of a weed-choked field, the filler may be lifted or removed completely. In the latter case, it is reasonable to remove the additional disk from the first row as well.
5. The BARSUK BDM-V harrows are modular. Therefore, the 6 m foldable BDM-V tools have a transport width of 2.55 m. This enables the harrow to be operated on public roads without an escort.
6. For the BARSUK type, the press wheels are mounted in a single line right after the disks. In this case, the soil thrown from the disks falls on the wheels. The wheels operate in conjunction with the disks to crush and level the top soil better. Furthermore, wheels mounted in a single line accept the same load from the entire tool. But the load caused by the tractor rocking is much less, as the wheels are located close to the disks, and the wheel oscillation amplitude is much less. This allows replacing spring shock absorbers with standard wire stretchers. The design has become easier and more reliable.
7. For BDM-V tools, the main option is 2-row press wheels. The wheels are manufactured in such a way that the second row is displaced to cover the gaps between the wheels. The large helical wheels in the first row receive the soil from the last row of disks, partially crush it, and press lengthwise. The small helical slatted wheels in the second row rotate rapidly and act as cutters, finally breaking the soil into equal lumps, leaving a perfectly even fluffed surface. However, at the customer’s request, press wheels of other types are available: helical, slatted, helical slatted, toothed, or disk-shaped.
The slatted and helical slatted wheels manufactured by BDT-AGRO are designed so that a bar enters into the soil in a near-vertical orientation, and leaves the soil nearly horizontally. As a result, it digs, cuts ridges and levels the field surface properly after the tool passage.
When treating loose soil, for instance in tillage operations, when the wheels fall through and are clogged with the soil, the wheels shall be turned 180°. In this case, the bar will be laid down on the soil horizontally, and moved out of the soil vertically, thereby increasing the wheel support surface; the wheel will grab less soil, and its clogging will be reduced.
BARSUK skim disk harrows with vibration tine (tillage depth up to 10 cm)
|Disc harrow description||Components||Operating width/transport width, m||Tractor output (HP)||Quantity of disks||Price with the helical press wheel (KS), $||Price with slatted press wheel (KP), $||Price with the two-row helical slatted press wheel (KD) or disc roller (KK), $||Price without roller*, $|
|Disk harrow BDM 1,8х2 VLN||mounted||1,8/2,2||60||15||6 660||6 402||7 436||5 886|
|Disk harrow BDM 2,1х2 VLN||mounted||2,1/2,5||70||17||7 752||7 450||8 655||6 847|
|Disk harrow BDM 2,3х2 VLN||mounted||2,3/2,7||75||19||8 471||8 139||9 460||7 478|
|Disk harrow BDM 2,6х2 VLN||mounted||2,6/3,0||85||21||9 618||9 244||10 736||8 497|
|Disk harrow BDM 3х2 VLN||mounted||3,1/3,5||95||25||11 484||11 039||12 818||10 150|
|Disk harrow BDM 3х2 VL||trailed||3,1/3,5||95||25||15 790||15 301||17 258||14 323|
|Disk harrow BDM 3,6х2 VLN||mounted||3,6/4,0||110||29||14 473||13 894||16 210||12 736|
|Disk harrow BDM 3,6х2 VLNS||mounted foldable||3,6/2,55||110||29||15 544||14 965||17 252||13 836|
|Disk harrow BDM 3,6х2 VL||trailed||3,6/4,0||110||29||16 094||15 515||17 802||14 386|
|Disk harrow BDM 3,6х2 VLS||trailed foldable||3,6/2,55||110||29||16 934||16 355||18 671||15 197|
|Disk harrow BDM 4х2 VLN||mounted||4,1/4,5||130||33||16 106||15 457||18 048||14 163|
|Disk harrow BDM 4х2 VLNS||mounted foldable||4,1/2,55||130||33||17 683||17 038||19 626||15 744|
|Disk harrow BDM 4х2 VL||trailed||4,1/4,5||130||33||18 317||17 669||20 260||16 375|
|Disk harrow BDM 4х2 VLS||trailed foldable||4,1/2,55||130||33||19 264||18 616||21 206||17 322|
|Disk harrow BDM 4,6х2 VLN||mounted||4,5/4,9||145||37||18 092||17 368||20 263||15 921|
|Disk harrow BDM 4,6х2 VLNS||mounted foldable||4,5/2,55||145||37||19 944||19 221||22 144||17 773|
|Disk harrow BDM 4,6х2 VL||trailed||4,5/4,9||145||37||21 131||20 407||23 302||18 960|
|Disk harrow BDM 4,6х2 VLS||trailed foldable||4,5/2,55||145||37||22 578||21 855||24 750||20 407|
|trailed foldable||mounted foldable||5,1/2,55||160||41||22 107||21 302||24 521||19 690|
|Disk harrow BDM 5х2 VL||trailed||5,1/5,5||160||41||23 369||22 564||25 786||20 955|
|Disk harrow BDM 5х2 VLS||trailed foldable||5,1/2,55||160||41||24 949||24 142||27 363||22 532|
|Disk harrow BDM 5,6х2 VLNS||mounted foldable||5,6/2,55||175||45||25 763||24 894||28 368||23 128|
|Disk harrow BDM 5,6х2 VL||trailed||5,6/6,0||175||45||24 315||23 432||26 970||21 664|
|Disk harrow BDM 5,6х2 VLS||trailed foldable||5,6/2,55||175||45||26 211||26 328||28 863||22 444|
|Disk harrow BDM 6х2 VLNS||mounted foldable||6,1/2,55||195||49||27 473||26 512||30 365||24 585|
|Disk harrow BDM 6х2 VL||trailed||6,1/6,5||195||49||26 527||25 563||29 416||23 638|
|Disk harrow BDM 6х2 VLS||trailed foldable||6,1/2,55||195||49||28 421||27 459||31 312||25 531|
|Disk harrow BDM 6,6х2 VLS||trailed foldable||6,6/4,4||210||53||30 828||30 394||34 013||27 789|
|Disk harrow BDM 7х2 VLS||trailed foldable||7,1/4,4||225||56||33 159||32 038||36 522||29 795|
|Disk harrow BDM 7,6х2 VLS||trailed foldable||7,6/4,4||240||61||36 039||34 447||39 223||31 986|
|Disk harrow BDM 8х2 VLS||trailed foldable||8,1/4,4||260||67||37 895||36 592||41 733||34 059|
|Disk harrow BDM 9х2 VLS||trailed foldable||9,1/4,4||290||73||42 633||41 195||46 943||38 326|
Explanation of the implement type:
*- can be optionally equipped with the tillage depth adjustment wheels: from 4 to 6 meters inclusive – 2 pcs. ($ 1 578), from 6.5 m to 9 m – 4 pcs. ($3 157);
M – modular; S – foldable; K – with support wheels (additional option)
Explanation of the covering roller types:
KS – helical; KP – slatted; KPS – slatted/helical; KD – dual; KK – disc roller